Applications such as McAfee Internet Security and McAfee Total Protection contain the firewall program that manages network data incoming and outgoing your system. Being a business user, you should use both firewall hardware and software for the best security. The router, which contains an inbuilt firewall, secures the complete network, whereas McAfee antivirus protects the system in which it’s installed. The firewall, yet, could conflict with critical services your company uses to conduct business, blocking applications from making a right connection to the Internet.
Before dialing the customer service number for McAfee antivirus, you should try yourself to configure the security program to allow necessary services via the firewall. Here’s how to do:
- Click on the ‘Desktop’ tile or press ‘Windows’ to move to the desktop. Click the pointer on the taskbar to increase the notification part.
- Double-click on the ‘Shield’ icon to reveal the McAfee program and then choose the ‘Web and Email Protection’ section under the ‘Features.’
- Select the ‘Firewall’ option from the top window, and then click the ‘Ports and System Services’ button on the tab.
- Click on the ‘Add’ option. Type the program or service name you need to unblock in the ‘System Service Name’ field and input the rule’s description in the ‘Service Description’ field. For instance, to let Skype connections on the Internet, input the ‘Skype’ into the ‘System Service Name’ field, and then enter the ‘Video Conferencing Software’ into the ‘Service Description’ text field.
- Type the port or ports to reveal the ‘Local UDP Ports’ or the ‘Local TCP/IP Ports.’ Enter the ‘#-#’ (the # symbol represents the port number) to open a port range. For instance, type the ‘6881-6999’ into the fields associated with the ‘Local UDP Ports’ and the ‘Local TCP/IP Ports.’
- Separate every port number using a comma to open multiple ports. For instance, to allow Skype connections, input the ‘80, 443’ port number, which may vary relying on the settings, into the ‘Local TCP/IP Ports’ text field.
- Select either ‘All PCs’ or the ‘PCs in Work and Home Networks Only’ from the ‘Open Ports To’ dialog menu. Choose the previous if the service you’re having only connects to systems on the network, or choose the later if you'll be accessing the Internet.
- Click on the ‘Save’ button to let communication via the particular port or ports.
For the smooth performance, try to launch the same ports on the router or other security application if appropriate. However, if the above-listed steps didn’t work and you’re not able to unblock Internet related applications through the firewall, seek the professional's help by calling on the McAfee customer support number and allow the things